Diversity Visa Lottery (known as a Green Card lottery; Eng. Diversity Immigrant Visa or English Green Card Lottery) – is a US State Department’ program. This program is held ones in a year in a form of lottery and it gives opportunity to get diversity visa of US. A Green Card holder (permanent resident) is someone who has been granted authorization to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis. As proof of that status, a person is granted a permanent resident card, commonly called a “Green Card.”
require the applicant
- Applicant must be the resident of program member countries.
- Applicant had already finished secondary school (or its equivalent) or had five years work experience with vocational training.
How to apply
Only Electronic Entry Form (eDV) of Green Card Lottery (Diversity Visa Lottery) can be accepted for chance to win and become US Citizen. All Winners and their family members are able to live, work, study and do business in the United States and become US Citizen!
Online registration for the lottery is free and it held from October till November.
To participate in the Diversity Visa lottery applicants must complete the online application form and upload photo digitally. The image file must adhere to the following compositional and technical specification and can be produced in one of the following ways: taking a new digital image or using a digital scanner to scan a photograph.
- The image file may be produced by acquiring an image with a digital camera or by digitizing a paper photograph with a scanner.
- Digital enhancement or other alterations or retouching are not permitted.
- The original aspect ratio of the image must be preserved. (No image stretching is allowed.)
The submitted digital image must conform to the following compositional specifications or the entry will be disqualified.
- The image must contain the full face, neck, and shoulders of the entrant in frontal view with a neutral, non-smiling expression and with eyes open and directed at the camera.
- The image must not contain any parts of the body below the entrant’s shoulders.
- The image must not include other objects or additional people.
- The entrant must be vertically oriented in the image.
- The image must be from a recent (within 6 months) photo of the entrant.
The annual DV Program makes visas available to persons meeting simple, but strict, eligibility requirements. A Computer-Generated, Random Lottery Drawing chooses winners for DVs. The visas are distributed among six geographic regions, with a greater number of visas going to regions with lower rates of immigration, and with no Visas going to nationals of countries sending more than 50,000 immigrants to the United States over the period of the past five years. Within each region, no single country may receive more than seven percent of the available DVs in any one year.